Test page 1
Cycling on the roof of the world
Tibet appeals to your fantasy due to the high elevation, extreme climate and the extraordinary culture which gives the country its unique character. With an average altitude of 4000 m the sunlight is bright, the air clear, and the colors intense. This tour makes the dream of cyclists come true: cycling on the Roof of the World from Lhasa to Kathmandu. In about 3 weeks time you will ride over the smooth surface of the famous Tibet-Nepal Friendship Highway. On the way you will see impressing examples of Tibetan culture like the Potala Palace, the old town centre of Lhasa, and some of the great monasteries. Six mountain passes need to be climbed that offers great views over the Himalaya and several of the world`highest mountains. A highlight of this trip is a two nights stay close to Mount Everest basecamp. A thrilling experience awaits you at the end: the descend to Nepal, in theory the longest road descend on earth. Real adventure cyclists should do this once in their life!
1. Arrival Chengdu. Transfer. Hotel.
2. Transfer airport. Flight Chengdu-Lhasa (3630m). Transfer hotel (2*+)
3. Lhasa. Free activities. Hotel (2*+)
4. Lhasa. Free activities. Hotel (2*+) 5. Lhasa. Transp to/cycling from Ganden monastery (4200m), 61 km.
6. Cycling to foot of Kamba La (3600 m), 82 km. Camp!
7. Cycling to Nargarze via Kamba La (4785 m), 74 km.
8. Cycling to Gyantse (4040m) over the Karo La (5050 m)
9. Rest day Gyantse. Hotel (2*+)
10. Cycling to Shigatse (3900m), 93 km. Hotel (3*+)
11. Cycling to Shab Jiding (3900 m), 59 km. Camp!
12. Cycling to Lhatse (4025 m) over Lagpa La (4530m), 91km.
13. Cycling to Baipa (4320m) via Jia Tsuo La (5250m), 81 km. Hotel (2*)
14. Cycling to Tingri (4340 m), 60 km. 15. Transfer (*) to Rongbuk (4950 m). Stay Rongbuk GH.
16. Visit Everest BC (510 m). Transfer (*) to Tingri. Hotel
17. Cycling to Sumdo (4500m), 59 km.
18. Cycling to Nyalam (3750m) via /Tong La (5050m), 92
19. Cycling to Zhangmu (ca 2400m)-(border Nepal)-Barabise (870 m)
20. Cycling to Kathmandu (1300 m) via Dhulikel (1500 m), 91 km.
21. Kathmandu. Free time. Optional: sightseeing.
22. Kathmandu. Free activities. Hotel (3*)
23. Transfer to Kathmandu airport. Departure international flight
(*) Temporarily solution as the Pang La pass is closed for roadconstruction.
– international, english speaking
– 6-14 members
– all transfers en transport according itinerary (incl flight
– all accommodation according itinerary based on twin
hotels, guesthouses(*) and tents
– all days breakfast
– experienced tourmanager (dutch/english/chinese speaking)
– tour assistant/local guide (english speaking)
support vehicle(s) for all cycling days necessary permits
Sep 25 – Oct 13 2017
Total distance: 1152 km
Longest day distance: 103 km
Highest point: 5250 m
Lowest point: 650 m