In a few words..
Vietnam is a country that surprises. Whoever enters Vietnam, remembering 35 years of war and political isolation, is stunned by the natural charm of the Vietnamese and their country. The women in particular, with their characteristic conical hats and traditional aodai dress, add to this impression. Vietnam has wonderful nature to explore. The north is widely dotted with picturesque karst formations, the best example seen offshore at Halong Bay. In fact North Vietnam has all the ingredients to make cycling a fantastic experience. Reasonably good roads, pretty landscapes and not much traffic. The capital Hanoi is a must for cyclists where you can join the two-wheel traffic in the old city centre. It plunges you right into Asian street life with a undeniable French taste. Over two weeks we take you on a wide loop through the hills and mountains of North Vietnam where you meet the hilltribes at the market towns of Sapa and Bac Ha. This tour is designed for those enjoy cycling in mountainous area`s where occasionally high passes and steep slopes need to be conquered. We finish this tour with some leisure days on board a traditional junk in the romantic scenery of Halong Bay.
1. Arrival Hanoi airport. Transfer to hotel. Free time.
2. Am: Check bicycles. Hanoi sightseeing by van (half day). Pm: Transfer to Hoa Binh
3. Cycle to Mai Chau (68 km)
4. Cycle to Moc Chau (69 km)
5. Cycle to Son La (109 km).
6. Son La. Am: take rest or sightseeing. Pm: Cycle to Muong La (40 km).”
7. Cycle to Than Uyen (81 km)
8. Cycle over the Tram Ton pass to Sapa (98 km).
9. Sapa. Restday. Opional: walking in the valley.
10. Cycle to Bac Ha (99 km)
11. Excursion to Can Cau market. Cycle to Xin Man (38 km)
12. Am: Cycle to Huang Su Phi (36 km). Pm: Free time.
13. Cycle to Ha Giang (110 km) (last 50 km flat road)
14. Cycle to Tam Son (45 km)
15. Cycle to Yen Minh (49 km)
16. Cycle to Dong Van (48 km). End of cycling trip.
17. Transfer to Ba Be Lake (7-8 hours). Stay overnight
18. Transfer Hanoi 4-5 hours). Free time Hanoi.
19. Transfer Hanoi airport. Departure.
Extension Halong Bay (2 days/1 night)
19. Transfer Halong Bay. Departure cruise boat; 12.00. Program.
20. Continue cruise trip untill 12.00. Transfer Hanoi.
21. Transfer airport. Departure.
Price: 1850 USD pp
Single supplement: 290 USD
Extension Halong Bay: c.a. 250 USD pp
Min group size: 8 persons
Included in your package:
– all transfers en transport according itinerary
– all accommodation according itinerary based on twin bed sharing in
hotels, guesthouses(*) and tents
– all days breakfast
– experienced tourmanager (dutch/english/chinese speaking)
– tour assistant/local guide (english speaking)
– support vehicle(s) for all cycling days
Total distance: 891 km
Average day distance: 69 km
Total altitude meters: 15.940 m
Highest point: 2030 m
Lowest point: 30 m
Tour difficulty : 6 (10)
Route first week
Route second week
Read our detailed itinerary