Myanmar brings you back into the realm of history. Entering the country these days is still as if you`re stepping back into the colonial days. Despite the current regime, no country in Asia has so much appeal to your imagination than former Burma, now called Myanmar. People also refer to the country as the land of thousand temples: the view over the Bagan temple confirms this title is rightly deserved. Myanmar in fact is a lovely country to cycle. The roads are in comparatively good condition and the countryside still breathes the old days’ tranquility. From Yangon with the world famous Shwedagon pagoda, you will be transferred to the north where your tour starts from Kalaw at 1200 m and down to the lovely plain where Inle lake is located. We cycle around the lake and take a boattrip for a day to have an good inpression of the delightful scenery Then we`ll start on a amazing trip through the heartland of Birma passing by at the Pindaya caves and onwards to Mandalay the old royal town of Birma. Plenty of time to explore the many temples and ruines of old cities that can be found around Mandalay. Amd don`t forget the watch the sunset from Sagaing hill over the Irrawaddy river that intothe atmosphere of romantic old Birma. Last part of your trip will bring you on a southern course via Mingyan and the old vulcano Mt Popa. A seriuos climb waits you here before you reach your hotel on top of the mountain. But save your awe for your last destination: Bagan! Together with world famous temples of Angkhor these rank among the best examples of temple cities in the world. Immerse yourself on the bike in the romantic atmosphere of thousands of temples built around a 1000 years ago. This is the cradle of Burmese culture.
Myanmar highlights cycling tour (15 days)
1. tu Arrival Yangon. Transfer hotel. Hotel
2. we Yangon. Sightseeing: Shwedagon Paya, market. Hotel
3. th Flight to Heho. Transfer Kalaw. Hotel
4. fr Cycle to Inle Lake (ca 60 km). Hotel.
5. sa Cycle Inle Lake east side (ca 20 km). Boat Inle lake. Free time.
6. su Cycle to Pindaya (ca 70 km). Hotel
7. mo Cycle to Ywangan (70 km). Guesthouse
8. tu Cycle to Myogyi (ca 50 km descend). Transfer to Mandalay. Hotel
9. we Mandalay. Free time for sightseeing.
10. th Mandalay. Boat to Mingun. Cycle to Inwa en Sagaing (ca 40 km)
11. fr Cycle to Mingyan (90 km). Guesthouse
12. sa Cycle to Mt Popa (82 km). Hotel
13. su Cycle to New Bagan. (55 km). Free time. Hotel
14. mo Bagan. Sightseeing by bike. Hotel
15. tu Transfer airport. Flight to Yangon. End of program
Ngapali beach extension
1. Transfer airport. Flight to Thandwe: am. Transfer to Ngapali beach.
2. Ngapali beach. Free time. Hotel
3. Ngapali beach. Free time. Hotel
4. Transfer airport. Flight to Yangon. Dep international flight.
c.a. 2500 USD p.p.
Extension Ngapali beach: c.a. 350USD p.p. (with min. 2 persons)
Single supplement: 300 USD
Nov 27, 2017 – Dec 12, 2017
Total distance standard trip: 714 km
Longest day distance: 97 km
Shortest day distance: 33 km
Highest point: 1500 m
Lowest point: 80 m